Islam’s perspective on homosexuality is in its religious texts, primarily the Quran and Hadith (sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad), We will tell you about Islam and Homosexuality and also Islam views on LGBT lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.
Islam and homosexuality
Islamic teachings generally view homosexual acts as sinful. Here are some key points regarding homosexuality in Islam:
Homosexuality and transgenderism in the Quran
- The Quran emphasizes the story of the people of Lot “They said: You (Lut) know that we are not entitled to your daughters and you know what we want.” 21:75: “And to Lut, we (Allah) gave wisdom and knowledge. And we delivered him from the city that acted abominably. They were indeed an angry and rebellious people.” Surat AlA’raf
- This is evidence of the prohibition of homosexual acts. In these narratives, the people of Lot engaged in same-sex relationships and were punished by God for their behaviour.
- All Islamic scholars and religious authorities consider homosexual acts to be contrary to Islamic teachings. They argue that same-sex relationships are sinful and forbidden in Islam.
- These verses describe the people of Lot engaging in same-sex relationships and Lot’s admonishment of their behaviour. The Quran does not explicitly use the term “homosexuality” but addresses the act itself and the consequences faced by the people of Lot.
- Another Quran Verse about Lot people “Do you approach males among the worlds, and leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing.” Surat AlA’raf
What does Islam say about lesbianism? Islam and homosexuality
Islamic teachings on lesbianism are from the same scriptural sources as teachings on homosexuality in general, primarily the Quran and Hadith (sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad). While the Quran addresses the story of the people of Lot (Lut in Arabic) and their same-sex relationships, it primarily focuses on male homosexuality. Lesbianism is not explicitly mentioned in the Quran.
In conclusion, Islamic interpretations view homosexual acts as sinful and prohibited in Islam.
Related posts: How Quran is a miracle?
Islam forbids lesbianism and homosexuality as mentioned in the Quran by people of Lut story.
“Do you approach males among the worlds, and leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing.” These verses describe the people of Lot engaging in same-sex relationships and Lot’s admonishment of their behaviour.
No, Islam forbids LGBT lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. As mentioned people of Lut acted the same action and it was a big sin.